PREP TIME 10 mins | COOK TIME 20 mins | TOTAL TIME 30 mins
This savory roasted carrot, bacon and kale hash is great as a side dish or for breakfast topped with fried eggs! It’s a lower carb alternative to a sweet potato hash and just as delicious. Paleo and whole30 compliant, simple to make.
Serves: 2-4 servings
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, peel and dice your carrots. In a large bowl, toss carrots with cooking fat, salt, pepper and paprika and spread out in a single layer on a large parchment lined baking sheet.
2. Roast in the preheated oven for 15-20 mins until soft and browning, meanwhile cook your bacon and kale.
3. While the carrots roast, cut the bacon into bite size pieces and preheat a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring to evenly brown.
4. Once the bacon is ¾ of the way done, drain all but one tbsp of the bacon fat (you can save for another use if you want) and add the chopped kale to the skillet, stirring to coat, add a sprinkle of sea salt to taste.
5. Lower the heat to medium/low, Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until kale is softened and bacon is fully crisp. Remove from heat and add the roasted carrots to the skillet, stirring to combine.
Fry eggs if desired to top, garnish with green onion, serve and enjoy!